At Webster University we look for high potential individuals with a global mindset, who are not only motivated to succeed academically but also thrive in society. We are proud to welcome students from different countries and backgrounds with the belief that embracing such diversity can only contribute to their all-round development, and enhance their experiences both inside and outside of the classroom. The Board of Admissions reviews every application carefully to decide who will be offered a placement. For more information regarding the application process and required documents, please select one of the options below:
|Intake||Start Date||Application Deadline||Visa Students||Begin Course Registration|
Undergraduate Admissions Process A to Z
- Application Form: The application process begins with the submission of your online application form, and payment of the 50 USD application fee, which can be paid online by credit card. If this fee cannot be paid by credit card please notify your recruiter, and you will be given the option to complete this transaction via a bank transfer of 40 EUR.
- Required Supplemental Documentation: Please note that applicants are required to submit a number of supplemental documents to support their application. These requirements are listed below in the sections Undergraduate freshman, and transfer applications sections. You will be able to upload these documents into your online application after you have submitted it.
- Intake interview: After receiving your application form your admissions representative will contact you to discuss any additional information needed. At this time an informal intake interview will take place, or be scheduled. During the interview you will be encouraged to talk about your motivation for studying at Webster, and future plans. You will also be advised on the most appropriate program to follow to achieve your goals, and any potential queries will be answered.
- Acceptance: After having an intake interview and receiving your completed application package, the Admissions Committee will make a formal acceptance decision. Your admissions representative will then contact you to give you the admissions decision and an official acceptance package will be sent to you.
- Enrollment and Tuition Payment: Your enrollment is not complete until your first tuition deposit of €1000, or housing payment is received via bank transfer. Credit card payments are only possible at the campus in Leiden. The latest possible payment date is 21 days prior to your start date; however, we suggest that you complete this transaction much earlier so as to not delay the final step of your enrollment.
- Registration: Once your payment has been received and registration for courses opens, you will be contacted by your Academic Advisor to register you. If you are in need of a student visa to enter the Netherlands, your visa process will also start at this time.
- Official transcripts of the last 3 years of your secondary and all post-secondary education with certified English translations by an official translator of all documents in languages other than English. These transcripts must be certified with an original stamp by one of two authorities: the school that generated the transcript or the ministry of education in the school’s country. Webster University does not accept scanned copies. You may apply before graduating and your admission status will be provisional until submitting a copy of your diploma and final transcript when it becomes available.
- Please note: If you have CLEP, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate (IB) credit or other college preparation program credit you may be eligible for Advanced Standing credit. Please contact the admissions representative for more information.
- Important: Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better (out of 4.0) on all previous academic work. The admissions office will assess your GPA equivalent.
- All applicants are asked to submit a 400-500 word essay on a topic of your choice. Most students take this opportunity to state why they would like to study at Webster University. You may also describe a special area of interest, experience or achievement. Additionally, you may also submit a resume of relevant academic, extracurricular and professional experience.
- Satisfactory scores on the Academic TOEFL examination (550/80) or Academic IELTS (6.0) examination. If you have attended an American/International/British school for 3 years or longer where the language of instruction was English, this requirement may be waived. If you attended an accredited institution for at least one year, as a full time student, in the United States this requirement is waived. Webster University Leiden offers on campus TOEFL tests regularly throughout the year. If you will be taking a TOEFL test outside of Webster and would like to have your results automatically sent to us, please use the following code: 0548.
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor and/or employer. The letter should discuss your character and aptitude for university study.
- A copy of your passport’s biographical page, plus any current residence permit or visa for The Netherlands. Please inform us if we need to apply for your visa/resident permit.
Undergraduate Freshman Applicants
Important note: Any documentation submitted to Webster University during the application process becomes sole property of Webster University and will not be returned to the student. Please do not submit original documentation, but certified copies of those original documents. In order to certify transcripts from an academic institution, please have the issuing institution or the country’s Ministry of Education officially stamp a copy of the document. Notary stamps are not acceptable. Please contact the admissions department for further instruction about certifying documents.
Undergraduate Transfer Applicants
Transfer applicants are students who have completed at least 30 credit hours at another
higher education institution. The application procedure for transfer students is the
same as freshman applicants. However, please provide official copies of all post-secondary
coursework (more than 30 semester credit hours) with your application.
Letters of recommendation must come from college level instructors and/or employers.
University will accept up to 98 semester credit hours of transfer credits depending on the issuing institution and program you will be studying at Webster Leiden. Please email us at email@example.com or call on +31 71 5168000.
For more questions or inquiries, please contact the Webster University, the Netherlands’ Admissions Office and we will be more than happy to assist you!
+31 71 516 8000