Webster Leiden Alumni Affairs Office
The aim of the Alumni Affairs office is to continue to assist our alumni community
by offering benefits and opportunities to help them grow and develop. We want to foster
a relationship with them so that we can give visibility to accomplishments and achievements
within the Webster community. In addition to this, we hope that alumni can articulate
the mission and the needs of the University to others. The local Alumni Chapter is
a great way to stay in contact with your classmates or alumni from around the world.
Leiden alumni have access to Webster’s worldwide network of alumni through the Alumni Online Community. Alumni can reconnect with former classmates, find fellow alumni in a particular field, and post their own personal and professional accomplishments.
Your Benefits as Alumni:
- Connect to a network of 170,000 Webster alumni worldwide
- Audit one on-campus course per year free of tuition (excluding a €100 service fee)
- Make use of the Webster University’s Career Planning & Development services
- Gain access to Webster Careers: a career development resource website for alumni
- Take part in the Mentoring Program
- Gain access to the Alumni Online Community
- Obtain The Economist magazine subscription discounts
Welcome to the Leiden Alumni Chapter
Webster University Leiden Alumni Affairs office supports the Webster University Leiden
Alumni Chapter, which was established in 1986. The Chapter is organized by a group
of highly involved alumni. Along with the Webster Leiden Alumni Affairs office, they
seek to help alumni worldwide to stay in touch with each other and the University,
to provide alumni with professional and social networking opportunities, to bring
alumni together with current students and faculty, and to coordinate initiatives for
personal and professional development.
- Mehul Shah MBA `04
- Sandrine Suman MA MGTL `14
- Wouter Bartens MA INTL'15
- Andreas de Ruiter MBA '10
Hall of Fame
The Hall of Fame of Webster University the Netherlands was established in 2014 to
honor alumni who reflect high achievement in their chosen competitive arena.
Alumni who have made significant contributions and brought honor to their departments, and Webster University in general, are eligible for selection into the Webster University the Netherlands’ Hall of Fame.
Those nominated to the Hall of Fame have:
- attended Webster University the Netherlands and are a graduate thereof
- demonstrated excellent academic, professional and/or community-oriented achievements
- demonstrated achievements in line with Webster’s values: learning, diversity, excellence, and global citizenship
- demonstrated achievements that have positively impacted the lives of others
- made a significant contribution in their chosen area since their departure from Webster University
- demonstrated significant leadership in their profession and community
Alumni in the Spotlight
At Webster University we recognize the achievements of our alumni. By sharing their story, alumni inspire current students and the Webster community. Alumni in the Spotlight is a platform where we share the success of our distinguished alumni whose career paths are representative of the many employment options to which a degree from Webster University can lead. Previous Alumni in the Spotlight can be seen here.
The Alumni Affairs office is always looking for volunteers for a broad variety of activities. This is a great way of meeting new and interesting people as well as helping the association to meet the needs of our alumni. Remaining connected to Webster and other alumni may open doors that would otherwise remain closed.
Our Leiden Alumni Chapter and Webster University rely, to a large extent, on the help of volunteers. For a small organization like ours, volunteer work is the basis for many services that we offer. Thus, we need you! The rewards you will receive for the contribution to our community are the chance to meet new and interesting people and, of course, the gratitude of the Webster Community. There are many ways in which you can volunteer your time to the alumni association while having fun. If you are interested in joining us for any of the activities or supporting us at an event, please contact our Alumni Affairs office at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can become a volunteer in programs and events such as:
- The Alumni Chapter Leiden
- The Mentoring Program
- Open Days and Career Events
- Alumni events
As a private, non-profit, non-commercial foundation, Webster University Leiden finances its operations solely through student tuition and receives no government financial support. Yet, tuition alone does not cover the entire cost of a Webster education. To ensure that we can continue to offering the most advanced methods of teaching, we are grateful for any contribution towards Webster’s mission. We would like to invite you to partner with us.
For example, you could provide students with a scholarship, sponsor an Alumni Event, or contribute to Career Planning & Development. We are also deeply appreciative of and thus openly welcome Unrestricted Funds or Gifts-in. Your support is an investment in the world’s future leaders!
Every gift matters. Thank you.