MA in Management and Leadership
The MA in Management and Leadership curriculum exposes students to the tools of management and leadership and provides experience in decision-making situations. Students acquire familiarity with the analytical techniques of management and develop the ability to apply these techniques in actual problem solving in a corporate, government, or non-profit environment.
Extensive use is made of case analysis and practical applications. Teamwork is an essential part of each course, and students will learn to polish the presentation and communication skills needed to succeed in business today.
The MA in Management and Leadership is an excellent study to help improve your emotional intelligence, communication skills, budgeting know-how, and leadership abilities.
The program is taught at more than 50 U.S. campus locations in major cities and military
bases, at international campuses in Geneva, Switzerland; Leiden, the Netherlands;
London, United Kingdom; Vienna, Austria; and online.
The Master in Management & Leadership at Webster University is ACBSP accredited (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs)
Points of Distinction
- Walker School of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) for MA programs in the Business and Management departments.
- Webster is the only Tier 1, private, non-profit U.S.-based university providing a network of international residential campuses in Geneva, Switzerland; Leiden, the Netherlands; London, United Kingdom; Vienna, Austria; Thailand and China.
- Faculty who practice in the field allow you to take your class experience and apply it to real work situations.
- Students will be able to explain the important terminology,concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in management and leadership.
- Students will be able to effectively apply important terminology, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in management and leadership when analyzing situations.
- Students will be able to effectively integrate important concepts, principles, and theories used management and leadership when developing solutions to multifaceted problems in complex situations
The 36 required credit hours of the MA in Management & Leadership include 8 core courses and 4 electives.
8 core courses:
• MNGT 5000 Management (Requisite Course) (3 hours)
• MNGT 5590 Organizational Behavior (3 hours)
• HRMG 5000 Managing Human Resources (3 hours)
• BUSN 5200 Basic Finance for Managers (3 hours)
• MNGT 5650 Management and Strategy (3 hours)
• MNGT 5670 Managerial Leadership (3 hours)
• HRDV 5630 Organization Development and Change (3 hours)
• MNGT 6000 Integrated Studies in Management (3 hours)
In addition, the student chooses 4 elective courses offered in this major and/or from the program curricula of other George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology majors.
Course Catalog links: